December is a busy month for our family. In addition to the normal Christmas and holiday activities, we have 3 birthdays: Mom (6th), Vinson (14th), Joy (30th). Then Mom and Dad's wedding anniversary is on January 4th (our Sensenig Grandparents' is the 1st)! Vinson's 21st birthday was yesterday. Our whole family was home for dinner at 7:30, after his first final exam of the week. My mom got a really good deal on his present: a hardcover ESV Study Bible (from Focus on the Family's sale online). Joy made a funny, and I thought I'd should share on here, since I gave her a hard time in past posts.
My mom was excited to share the price as soon as he opened the gift bag.
Joy: "I don't think other families talk about how much they spend on gifts. 'Why do we take price tags off gifts?...so we get to TELL them how much it cost us!'"
Kudos to Joy for being quick on her feet and displaying a bit of wit. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment