Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Horse Called Chestnut

Here is a little from a book I'm writing called, "A Horse Called Chestnut". It's not edited.

“Robbie… Robbie… Robert!” Jen yelled through window of his class room. Where is he? Jen thought to herself. The front door opened and out came a stout black haired man. “Hello Mr. Webkont. Have you seen Robbie, I mean Robert by any chance?” Jen said remembering that Robbie didn’t like the name Robbie in public, (he thought it made him sound childish.) “Oh, didn’t you know that they had off early today?” he said surprised.
“No, I hade no idea.” Of course no one told me, she thought as she started to go, when Abby said, “See ya Jen, I’m going home.”
“Wait, Abby. Maybe you could come over. No one is home, but Robbie.”
“Well, maybe. I have to ask my mom and dad.”
“To bad Cass isn’t here, you could use her cell.” Jen grinned.
“Haha, but I actually I just got a cell phone for my birthday.” Abby said.
“But it’s not your birthday yet. Your birthday is April 18th and it’s only April 4th,” Jen said confused.
“It was an early birthday present from my grandparents because they can’t make it to my birthday.” “Ok, that makes sense.” Jen said. Abby toke out her cell and called her mom and her mom said she go. They walked up to The Horse Barn and hid behind a bush. Jen was staring at a horse that was a beautiful light brown. Jen would call him if he was hers, ‘Chestnut’. She was sneaking here when ever she had spare time, to secretly ride him. And this was her favorite horse out of all of them. His name was Henry; Jen thought her pick of name was better.

No comments: