Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Peanut Butter Popcorn

Peanut Butter Popcorn is a recipe I discovered this summer online. My family loves it and so has everyone else so far. It seriously takes about 15 minutes, start to finish, and most of that time is for the popcorn to pop. It's great to have a recipe like this on hand (or memorized, like I have by now), one that takes much less effort and expense than enjoyment it brings.

2 bags of microwave popcorn, popped
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup peanut butter
20 large marshmallows

Pour popcorn into a large bowl. In a glass bowl, combine the other ingredients. Microwave at 1 minute intervals, stirring between each time, until the mixture is melted and smooth. Pour the melted mixture over the popcorn, and stir quickly to coat the corn before it cools.

For fun, add peanuts. I've also thought about M&Ms, but I'm not sure if they would melt from the warm mixture (chocolate chips do, I've tried!).

3 comments:

Margaret Sensenig said...

This tastes really good!

Jack and Gina Plain said...

I used to make peanut butter popcorn years ago for our home group snack. It had corn syrup in it though. This one sounds good with the marshmallows.

Ruth Anne said...

hahaha....you sensenig's and your popcorn.....