This Summer we made our last visit to the Hunting Cabin! On August 12th 2011 we set out on a great adventure to say farewell to the Hunting Cabin. We stayed there for the weekend then headed home. Here are some pictures of our time! Enjoy!
1 comment:
Granddaddy S.
said...
Margaret,
Thanks for posting the very interesting pictures of your last ever, bitter sweet, nostalgic, and poignant trip to your grandfather's hunting cabin. Grandmother and I, as well as the Siegrist clan, have many fond memories of the place. It hardly seems possible that that era is over, but "time marches on." I remember when your grandfather still did some hunting, although I was never a hunter, so obviously was not envious of what they were doing. I remember the hikes we took, the water slide, everyone sleeping in bunk beds, the time we dropped Sarah off on our way back from visiting Peter and Stephanie in Sudbury, Ontario (Jeannette was along on that trip; in was in 2000).
1 comment:
Margaret,
Thanks for posting the very interesting pictures of your last ever, bitter sweet, nostalgic, and poignant trip to your grandfather's hunting cabin. Grandmother and I, as well as the Siegrist clan, have many fond memories of the place. It hardly seems possible that that era is over, but "time marches on." I remember when your grandfather still did some hunting, although I was never a hunter, so obviously was not envious of what they were doing. I remember the hikes we took, the water slide, everyone sleeping in bunk beds, the time we dropped Sarah off on our way back from visiting Peter and Stephanie in Sudbury, Ontario (Jeannette was along on that trip; in was in 2000).
Again, thanks for sharing.
Love,
Granddaddy
Post a Comment