The weather has been so nice, and our family was able to work outside yesterday - the first day of spring and free Rita's! Dad and the girls were around during the day to work outside, but Erin was working at Sharp Shopper and Vinson went to Go Saturday, an outreach with our church. We planted a few seeds, did some weeding, and pruned and picked up sticks. Dad was able to burn a lot of brush, use our new-to-us riding mower for the first time, clean out the gutters, put the chimney cap back on, pull out an old invisible fence cable, and do other such things. It was nice to be outside during the day and get fresh air and sun, although my shoulders did get sun burnt (which happens very easily for me, especially in spring).
Here is a shot from Cori Bitterman's bridal shower this afternoon. The girls from Sola (our young adult ministry) organized the shower and brought the food/desserts. I have enjoyed going to bridal showers in our church with my mom since before I was even a teenager, and it's even more special for me now because it is my close friends who we are gathering around to encourage as they enter into marriage.

Both of these events, working in the yard and celebrating Cori's upcoming marriage, are evidences of God's grace and faithfulness. Spring is a wonderful time to celebrate new beginnings and praise God for his mercy that is new every morning.
2 comments:
Nice post! But I do wish I could have done something else beside work on such a nice spring day!
Margaret you must have forgotten that you also went to Rita's
Sarah I enjoy going to showers with you as well. You and your friends pull together really nice celebrations.
Post a Comment