Sunday, March 20, 2011

Get-Away

The ladies from my parents' and the Minichs' caregroup had a retreat at a cabin, about 2 hours west of us, Friday night until early evening Saturday. We took advantage of the second weekend night when my parents, sisters, some of the Minichs (Mike & Sue, and Kiera), and I spent Saturday evening through this afternoon out there as well. I cannot tell you how much I appreciated some time to get away and rest. Being disconnected for even such a short time was a wonderful blessing to just stop and do not much of anything but enjoy the goodness of God in the moment. I only wish it could have been longer. Although I am right back to the start of another week, I am nonetheless still thankful for the bright spot of this short "vacation". It was a little treasured nugget of time, filled with rest, contentment, peace, joy, and enjoyment in simply being with some of the people I love most. Both of my parents took the below shots.



Dad captured our reaction to a spider.









Mom was very interested in showing us some frogs she had seen, but we saw frog eggs instead. *ick* Not my idea of a lovely shot, but I think my parents were slightly engrossed (key-note from that word: "gross").











3 comments:

Julia P said...

Cool! Sounds like you had a lot of fun!

Jack and Gina Plain said...

Such a wonderful "story" and wonderful pictures...you are all so photogenic. Love the one of Sue and Mike too.

Margaret Sensenig said...

By the way, in that one picture of me, the one where my hand is like twisted) I was skipping rocks!