Mom, Dad, Joy, and Margaret (and Melanie Millen) are away this week at the Creation Festival. This is what they missed out on tonight: S'MORE MUFFINS that I made!
Ok, I admit the rest of us (Erin - working most evenings this week; Vinson - house and pet sitting for our neighbors) are missing out on a lot more than some muffins, but I am attempting to make this week somewhat of a retreat at home when I can. So baking and sermon listening (eh, pardon the grammar) were on the menu for me tonight. I just love using up ingredients and making something new, i.e. being resourceful is my preferred angle on creativity.
So check out that recipe if you like. And I even more recommend checking out the sermons (The Quest for Contentment and The Realization of Righteousness...and actually I listened to one by Jeff Purswell while at work today that was outstanding: Strength For The Weary, which he gave yesterday at CovLife. I have some notes from it on my blog)
It took a while for those mentioned above to finally get out the door for Creation today. This morning I got a call from Dad at work because he could not get through to our house phone, Mom's cell, or Vinson's cell...and his van had broken down, just minutes within the time that they had wanted to leave. I emailed everyone in our family to get him in touch with them, which eventually worked. It turns out that Vinson's cell phone was broken (and yesterday our car got a flat tire from a screw, which I just think is crazy that everything broke down at the "same" time). So they finally got out the door about 2 or 3 hours later than the original plan, after Sam's auto repaired the van. Our dog presented another hurdle today as well, as my mom had to take her to the vet because she had some bleeding and is now on antibiotics again (I think this is the second time since she had the puppies). Mom waited to leave for Creation until this evening with my grandparents (she had plenty to do to get ready because of several unplanned obstacles), so I got to see her briefly after I came home from work. My grandpa had been overnight in the hospital. He was not feeling well all last week and had a kidney stone (very small one, from what I hear). But I suppose he is feeling well again, at least well enough to make it out to the festival.
Wow, there has been much activity in this family. I hope you all have a great time at Creation (if you read this)! And the same to everyone else on their week. :-)

1 comment:
Just read it, almost a week late...
Great post, yes many things went wrong that weekend but our Father knows it all and it is all an adventure. Dad
Post a Comment