Saturday, July 10, 2010

puppies, e-team, and wedding


Our sweet little puppies, born May 31, are growing up. They are half Chi-Chon (our Kallie) and half Shih-Poo (Freeman's Sterling). If you want one, let us know (my parents). We will be selling them for $200 each when they are old enough, and that will go to our church's OneMission for our building. The black and curly haired white one are male, and the straight haired one with white markings on her face is female. We have named the black one Winston, the curly white one Max, and the girl Emma. They are in such a cute stage, playing with one another and their mom. Toddler pups are very entertaining and endearing. We have more photos on my facebook album (if you don't have facebook, try this link).





In other news, Dad, Vinson, Erin, and Joy left our house at 8:30 this morning to go to Boston! They are part of an E-team (evangelistic team) from our church that is going to help out our sister Sovereign Grace church, King of Grace Church, with their Vacation Bible School and evangelistic outreaches in the evenings. They will be there for a full week, and I am very excited that they can be a part of this (even if I secretly wish I was going too!). It is my younger siblings turn, since my dad took Vinson and I on an E-team to Tijuana, MX in 2002 (Comunidad Cristiana de Otay). What a joy to partner with a young church in reaching out with the gospel to their community. It whets your appetite for church planting and gives you a broader sense of the reality of Christ's Church. I pray that they will serve the church and community well, and that each person will be stirred and grounded more in the gospel for the glory of God.
Although I am not going with them, I instead sent some homemade snacks along. :-) I tired out mini graham cracker muffins (and added 3 Tbs. cocoa to some that I whipped up just minutes before they left this morning) and peanut butter popcorn, which I think would be good with peanuts but I threw in some sunflower seeds that I had around. It is also gluten free! Both are really quick and easy to make.

For the rest of the day (as well as throughout this past week), my mom is preparing for Karen and Wuilly's wedding (she is doing all of the food, for last night's rehearsal and the wedding this evening). I've been able to help with general house work in the evenings, and I think, just maybe, after today we might slow down a bit around here for a week or so? It will only be my mom, Margaret, and I here, and I'm sure that will at least quiet things down.

1 comment:

Margaret Sensenig said...

I just love our little puppies! And i also wish i could go to Boston too, but I'm just two month too young! I'm looking forward to our "Sarah, Mom and Margaret" week. ;)