Sunday, June 19, 2011

My Life Has Changed!


This year of Youth Camp was wonderful. On Wednesday, June 15th, 2011, I excepted Jesus Christ into my 
heart. This happened after the message by C.B. Eder. (thank you!)

But the story doesn't start here. It starts a couple days before Youth Camp, when my sister Joy and I were 
talking our room at night. We had just finished reading the first chapter of Colossians, and Joy started talking
more to me and asking me questions. I don't remember exactly all that we were talking about, but I remember 
talking about Creation and Evolution (don't know how we get there). Then she asked me if becoming a Christian
was something that I wanted to do and I answered, yes. Then she was telling me how that all I have to do is 
 (not exact words) ask Jesus into my heart (or call upon his name).
Then at Youth Camp (2011) sort of at the end of C.B Eder's message, he began to talk about hell, and how it is 
completely dark there and so you can't see anything but all you feel is pain. At this point I started to feel weird,
and my stomach was turning, and I was scared because I wasn't a Christian, so if I died right then, that's where
I'd be going. Then during worship, we sang the song that goes something like this, "And anyone who calls upon 
the lord, They will be saved...". And my mind went to the night Joy said that all I had to do was call upon his
name. Tears began to pure from my eyes at this point. I forget what they exactly said, but that said something 
along the lines that if you had a sin that hasn't been forgiven (I think?) to come up and be prayed for. 
Melanie Millen had been standing beside me, and saw me crying and put her arm around me and asked me if I 
wanted to go up. I stood there for a little bit, scared of what people would think of me if I did go up. Then right 
as I was about not to go up, Cameron Odell (who was on my team and sitting close to where I was) got up and
walked toward the front of the room, so I just followed him. Then when I got up there I saw Joy, and I ran over
to her and clung onto her, crying. She turned around and wrapped her arms around me and began to cry too. 
Then more people came up, my whole family, and most of my friends (the ones that saw me go up), and some 
other people. I couldn't really see who all was up there because I was crying the whole time. Then my dad 
helped me pray, and except Jesus into my heart. Then other people prayed for me too. And that night I became
a Christian.

People I'd like to thank:

Jesus for dying for my sins

(the rest are in no particular order)

My whole family for being there for me and praying for me (Joy, for talking with me) (Geoff, Karla, Sarah, 
Vinson, Erin, and Joy Sensenig)
C.B. Eder for the great messge
Melanie Millen, for being there for me, and urging me to go up
Cameron Odell (even though he didn't know it) he helped me go up front 
My counselors: Elya Shaheen, and Ben Brown.
Ruth Anne and Melanie Millen, Ashley and Megan Crutcher, Margaret Odell, Abigail and Ahna Davis, 
Julia Pritchard, Abby Stuart, Christiana Goslin, Hannah and Hope Privitera, Hannah Gifford, and more!
All the girls on my team:
Megan Inglin 
Ashley Umberger 
Chelena Jimenez
Maria Schwarz 
Carli Freeman 
Emma Wenger 
Melanie Millen 
And to all the Pastors that preached at Youth Camp, and that were there. 
Doug Plank and the worship team for a great worship! 
And to many more people! 














2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh Margaret, how long I have anticipated this day. I'm so happy that God has drawn you to himself. He is a great God and has done great things.

Julia P said...

I am so happy for you Margaret!!!!!
God works in awesome ways!
I love you sister!