Survivor List
1. People: Melanie, Abigail & Margaret
- Food: - Supper: Hot dogs- Breakfast: Cereal- Lunch: Sandwiches.
- Shelter: Tent- Millen’s tent to sleep in, Sensenig’s tent for storage.
- Fun!: Tv & Movies, Books, games, ect.
- Personal things: like tooth paste and tooth brushes, clothes.
- What for: To celebrate all 3 girl's birthdays.
We had been planing it for a long time and we finally got a date for it so I felt happy because it was not just a small idea that was never going to happen, (like most of my 1,000 ideas) but it was really, truly, actually going to happen!
On the 28th of August our special day it was pouring down rain! I knew we were not going to be able to do it but when I called Melanie, she thought we could still set the tents up and see what happens. Abigail came around 2:45 and we put all our things in the tents and then just talked. Then we gave each other presents. By then it was around 5:00 (I think) so we watched Kunfu Panda! After that I'm pretty sure we talked and got things ready for supper. We had hot dogs. I was bringing them into the tent when they all fell off the plate onto the tent floor! We cuddled as we watched Fireproof and went to bed. Then we found out that all the rain was gathering on the top of the tent. We were knocking off the rain puddle every 3 minuets! Then Abigail and Melanie went out to put towels on top of it to stop the rain from puddling. Melanie was lifting Abigail up on the out side of the tent, then all of a sudden I saw the wall fall in towards me! Then they came to the door and were soaked all over! "We have to go inside! The ground is flooding!" Melanie said. She grabbed the tv and ran inside my house. Abigail and I started to fill our sleeping bags. We grabbed everything and made a lot of muddy trips back and forth. We went to bed in my room. Joy was at a friend's house so we had her bed and mine plus a trundle bed. The next morning we ate breakfast outside because it was not raining anymore. Then we dressed up and went to Freeze and Frizz to get ice cream. That was Melanie's gift to us! Then we played a game, had lunch, and I had an idea that maybe we could sleep in the tent again that night because the first time failed. So we asked my parents and they said yes and Abigail's parents said yes, and Melanie's parents said if we did her chores we could try again. So we had to rake leaves, clean the garage a little bit, and make cupcakes. After that we rested for about 30 minuets, then Dolly and Anna came up and we talked and stuff. Then the younger girls went home. Now it was around 6:15. We had supper, and had fun kicking the soccer ball around. Dolly came up and we played a board game. We got ready for bed. When we were in bed we heard thunder and saw lighting. So we went inside again and slept in the living room. We'll try again next year (when it's not raining).
3 comments:
I love your hugmongus post and yes we were soaked through.
those days were so much fun.
i hope we survive next year!!!
melanie.m
Sounds like fun, you are so creative! Grandma Landis
It's fun to hear the details about your weekend, Margaret. I think it's funny how you guys had a TV in the tent, in the rain!
Oh, and nice change of font for your brainstorming list!
You should write a post about your first day/week at school! I'm so glad you are enjoying it, after just your first day.
Love you,
Sarah
Post a Comment