Our Mom and Dad are away this week, installing a kitchen at our aunt Cheryl's home in Charlotte, NC. Here is some of what happens when they are away. . .
After dinner tonight (Joy's yummy green-bean and chicken casserole), Vinson, Erin, and Joy (Margaret was better off safe and healthy at soccer practice) tore through boxes of baking goods and sweets we just received from a house that is being vacated.
I jotted down some comments that were flying around. You kinda had to be there, but we had alot of fun, and these comments show some of that. . .
It's like Christmas! (Sarah)
No, it's good; it's sealed. (Joy)
We don't get this stuff, like other people! (Joy)
- Oh, those are good! (Vinson)
- They are? I think they taste musty. (Joy)
I'm tired of chocolate. I want some other sweet stuff like . . .a cookie! (Joy)
We had fun commenting on how only a family like ours, with a frugal Mennonite background, thinks that something is good to eat if it is "only" 2 months past it's expiration date, doesn't "taste musty," is at least sealed. . . or how we don't know if you can tell that food is bad by how it tastes or by if you get sick from eating it (that was Joy).Good times. I love how my family makes me laugh. :-)
3 comments:
Fun post Sarah. Mom and I miss you guys, sort of. ;)
Love, Daddy
Why did I have to be at soccer practice, I missed the whole fun thing!
-Margaret S.
Oh, i'm sorry Margaret,
Do you want some of my chocolate?
I could eat chocolate all the time.
Post a Comment