Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Creation East 2010

Here is what we did each day at Creation and Melanie and my favorite things of the day:


Roadway to Creation
Day one, Date: June 28th 2010
Melanie Millen came up to our house at 9:30, expecting to leave at 10:00. My dad tried calling us from driving around and finishing some work things and getting gas, but our line was busy. So he called Sarah at work and she e-mailed us and told us that our dad’s car broke down! He got it fixed in no time and was back by 12:00. By the time we finished loading the van up it was 1:45. So Dad, Joy, Melanie and I left. My mom was going later with my Grandparents since my Grandpa was at the hospital.
Excitement was now spilling through us with the delay as we jumped into the van. Melanie and I played Set for a tiny bit. For most of the time we slept and listen to random songs on Joy’s iPod. I always thought I saw cows on the way to Creation so we were searching for them and saying “Moo, Moo, Moo!” So Melanie’s new name was Moo Moo, and mine was Moo. It was so fun! After the 2 and a half hours of driving we finally arrived at Creation at 4:00. We unpacked everything into the Ark. Then we decided to make a music video throughout our trip, so we came up with ideas. Latter we searched the kitchen for food and made three-grilled cheese sandwiches. After we filled ourselves, Joy, Melanie and I went on a walk to show Melanie around Creation.
Then we made bracelets (the ones Melanie showed us how to make) and other crafts. While we were doing that, my Mom and grandparents came up and we helped them unpack. Once they were settled Melanie and I drew in her “Beautiful Doodles” book. Then Melanie and I washed our dirty feet. Then we enjoyed two short shows of “I Love Lucy”. We went to bed at about 11:05. And that concludes our first day at Creation!

~Melanie’s favorite thing of the day: was doing the crafts and just talking.

~Margaret’s favorite thing of the day: was listening to music on the way up.












Books

Day two, Date: June 29th 2010

Melanie woke up at 7:00 and I woke up at 7:45. We got dressed and cleaned up our sleeping area. My mom made Melanie and me egg sandwiches for breakfast. Then we made homemade paper with my grandma for about one hour. We also painted coasters. Eat lunch and my dad came to take us to “work.” We helped handicap people in a borrowed golf cart for about one hour. Melanie and I helped with the books for six and a half hours. It was fun until about the last hour when our legs were killing us! Then Joy came down to the bottom of the hill and we helped more handicap. Supper was delivered to us about two hours late.
Then we went back to the Ark and got showers and made earrings. We had snacks as was watched Hidalgo. We went to bed at 11:30.



~Melanie’s favorite thing of the day: was relaxing and doing books.



~Margaret’s favorite thing of the day: was doing books and watching Hidalgo.



Switchfoot


Day three, Date: June 30th 2010

We woke up at 8:00 and ate breakfast in the cafeteria. While Melanie made crafts I went on a little ride with my dad in the golf cart. We hade lunch and Melanie joined us and we helped more handicap people. When we got back we cleaned up stuff and made crafts with beads. Then had supper. Joy, Melanie and I went shopping in the vender area and saw Nathanial who was helping with his friends stand, Andrew. He was selling his paintings, which were awesome. We listened to Reggy speck. Then we went back to the Ark and just hung out there.
Then we went to see Switchfoot play. They were great! Joy, Melanie and I all got to touch Jon Forman’s hand when he bent down to touch people. And I just found out then that Jon Forman’s brother is one of the guitarist, (Tim Foreman) and they look a lot alike. I only knew about four of the songs they sang but it was still great! When we got back to the Ark we told my parents, grandparents and Aunt and uncle about Switchfoot. And Melanie and I couldn’t stop laughing when we would look at each other. We went to bed at about 11:30.
~Melanie’s favorite thing of the day: was being up front for Switchfoot and touching Jon Foreman.
~Margaret’s favorite thing of the day: was same thing: Being up front for Switchfoot and touching Jon Foreman.





The “New” News Boys


Day four, Date: July 1st 2010

We woke up at 8:30 and ate breakfast in the cafeteria again. We hung out in the Ark. We cleaned up too. We helped Dad work. Then Joy joined us and we eat lunch. Then we showed Melanie K field and all of the fare fields and also the path in the woods behind the Ark. When we got back we took showers and picked a new song for our music video. It was going to be “Yankee Bayonet” by The Decemberists but now it’s “Everybody’s Changing” by Keane.
We watched Sense and Sensibility. We ate supper. Went shopping again and Melanie and I got Creation shirts for free and they are both the same shirt. We went back to the Ark until the News Boys came on. We watched the “new” News Boys with the new singer form D.C. Talk. Nathanial and Jacob came up front with us. I got a hot dog and we got French fries and a funnel cake. Then we stayed for a little bit of Casting Crown. Then us girls went back to the Ark and sat around the campfire. We went to bed at 11:30.

~Melanie’s favorite thing of the day: was shopping.

~Margaret’s favorite thing of the day: was seeing and listening to the bands.


Here’s the link for the film, “Dad Life”: http://vimeo.com/12714406




Toby Mac
Day five, Date: July 2nd 2010

We woke up at 8:30 and ate breakfast. Melanie and I worked on our music video. We went shopping again with Joy and I got the new Swicthfoot CD, “Hello Hurricane”. (I’m listening to it right now as I write this!) We had lunch. Melanie made cards with my grandma and I went on a photo hunt with my dad. Melanie and I listened to my CD. Then we watched “Hidalgo” again because my grandpa wanted to see it. Then we had supper and picked Sarah and Vinson up at the gates and let them in with my grandparent’s tickets. When we got back we talked about old times at Creation. Sarah, Vinson, Joy, Melanie and I went on a ride in the four-seater golf cart. We decided that if they didn’t let Melanie onto the stage for the candle lighting because she isn’t part of our family we would say she is a foster child. So her new name was Moo Moo Foster. Latter, us kids plus Nathanial and Jacob went up front for Toby Mac. We had to leave early so we could go to the candle lighting. In line to get in Melanie was taxing her family about how she was going to go on the stage in front of thousands of people. Once we got there Melanie, Joy and I got to go in the very front of everyone! Melanie took tons of pictures of everyone in the crowd with their candles. On our way off the stage Melanie got to shake hands with one of the people from Toby Mac (the one in a yellow shirts.) We went home and had a fire. Then Wendy came and joined us. Dad showed here the film, “Dad Life”. Melanie went to bed at 1:00 and I went to bed at 2:00.

~Melanie’s favorite thing of the day: was the candle lighting.

~Margaret’s favorite thing of the day: was getting the “Hello Hurricane” CD, Toby Mac and the campfire.




Fireworks
Day sixth, Date: July 3rd 2010

We woke up at 8:45 and had breakfast. Joy, Vinson and Sarah went on another ride on the golf cart. Melanie made a gift box from her card making kit, and I water colored. Melanie wanted to see Reilly so my dad, Melanie and I went to the stage to see them. Meanwhile my siblings went home. Then had lunch. After that we went up to Pikes Peek (a.k.a. the lookout.) Melanie and I had tons of fun doing a photo shoot of Melanie. Which gave us a great appetite for supper. After dinner we saw “Skillet” for a little bit.
We came home and watched a little bit of the second movie of “Love Comes Softly”. Then the fireworks surprised us and popped right in on our movie. Melanie and I darted outside. We sat in a chair together looking up at the colorful sky. Two times we though it was the grand faunally. Once it was off for about three minutes and just as we were going to go back inside when they shot back up into the heavens! Wow! Were we ever so surprised! Then Melanie and I finished our movie. And went to bed at about 12:00. dog and we got French fries and a funnel cake. Then we stayed for a little bit of Casting Crown. Then us girls went back to the Ark and sat around the campfire. We went to bed at 11:30.


~Melanie’s favorite thing of the day: was the fireworks.

~Margaret’s favorite thing of the day: was our photo shoot.


Wave Bye to the Ark
Day seven, Date: July 4th 2010

We woke up and had breakfast at the Ark. Then we packed everything up and cleaned the Ark. That took us about two hours. My dad, Melanie and I went to look for a program from this year. We were going to see if the offices were still open but decided to check the cafeteria because the line out was too long. But they didn’t have any there so we cut through the fields to the front of the line and cut over to the office. We found a pile of trash and found a program in it. So we went back to the Ark. Melanie and I put off sparklers to celebrate the fourth of July. We just hung around until it was 11:30 and went down to the cafeteria and eat lunch. We left Creation 2010 at 12:00. My mom went back with my grandparents and Melanie and I went back with my dad. My Aunt and Uncle had left earlier.
The whole way back Melanie and I listened to my new Switchfoot CD for 2 and half hours! My mouth was really hurting by the time we got back since I had sang along to the music over and over. We couldn’t wait to get home and see Kallie’s puppies because Sarah and Vinson said they were tons bigger and cuter. When we got home Melanie and I jumped out of the van and the puppies were playing on our grass. They were twice as big as they were before and tons more playful. Vinson and Erin names the girl, Emma, and the dark boy, Winston, and the other boy that looks like Kallie, Max.

~Melanie’s favorite thing of the day: was the trip home listening to Switchfoot and seeing the puppies. ~Margaret’s favorite thing of the day: was the same: the trip home listening to Switchfoot and seeing the puppies.




Favorite Things

~Melanie Grace Millen’s favorite thing at Creation 2010 was: never having to rush and always taking our time also going upfront for the songs. And I really enjoyed Switchfoot and listening to their “Hello Hurricane” songs on the way home. 




~Margaret Ann Sensenig’s favorite thing at Creation 2010 was: seeing Switchfoot, touching Jon Foreman, getting their new CD and listening to it on the way home. To sum it up…everything that had to do with Switchfoot!


Here are some of the pictures I took of Melanie during our photo shoot:







And I have more too, but I'm not going to put all of them up because their are so many!

3 comments:

Millen Family said...

I loved everything we did, such great memories!!! I LOVE CREATION AND YOU!!!!!!

:: melanie millen ::

Anonymous said...

wow....that sounds like so much fun!! MAS, I'm sure you're regretting not taking me now, right?? RAM

Sarah said...

Margaret, I am glad you wrote this all down. :-) And I'm really glad that you could have such a fun year at Creation with Melanie. Plus it was great to come out and visit in person as well.