Sunday, August 23, 2009

I sat there in the dark...waiting.

One night when my parents had care group, Joy, Erin, and I (Margaret) where at the Millen's house because they had care group too, and we were playing with them. Any way, around the end of the time we were there, we were playing a game called "The Family Game"
(I think.) We had played one round of it and were starting the next. Did I forget to mention that it was storming out? Well, it was. So we were playing when all of a sudden everything got completely dark! You could not even see your hand in front of your face! And it looked the same with your eyes opened or if they were closed! "Just wait, it'll come back on soon." one of the Millen kids said. I got up and started to walk around, but then I decided to just sit where I was and wait. I sat there in the dark waiting when all of a sudden I saw a light! One of the parents was coming down with a cell phone light on. It was just a little bit of light so we could leave. We where saved! Upstairs looked completely different because they had put some candles up and had flashlights. Earlier that morning Zachary and Vinson (My brother) trashed out a home. And they had found glow sticks like things that have plastic stick like things that light up! We all got some and it lit up the place! Then after a little bit people began to leave. But we could not go home because we would have to walk in the storm. So we just stayed there for a little bit. Then later my dad came down to get us. When we got home it was so cosy because there was candles everywhere! Then in just a couple minutes the electricity came back on! We dozed off to sleep by the sound of thunder and the flash of lighting!

2 comments:

melanie.m said...

I love your title Margaret,
that was fun sitting in the basement in the pitch black and couldn't see anything, what a fun, (scary) hour,
~Melanie~

Sarah said...

I agree about the title. It is very intriguing, it reels you in!
And thank you for your generosity, Margaret. The Plank kids really enjoyed the "sparklers" when I babysat the next night. :-)