I have a few more photos of my room. It's fun to come home and see what my dad and/or mom were able to do that day. I helped out a bit on Saturday but haven't done a thing since (other than keep my dad company on Monday evening). My mom has been spending much of her time this and last week at her parents' house painting for them. What a blessing to have such hard working parents that are serving their children AND their parents at the same time in similar ways.

This shot is from Tuesday. The photos in my Tuesday blog post were from Saturday. This was the night that Vinson walked right up and swiped his finger across wet paint because he thought it was dust from sanding. We laughed at him for a while. :-)

My parents started painting today. They got 2 coats on. We're using a new type of paint that is sort of a mix between latex and oil based paint. It's from Sherwin Williams and we got a free gallon to test - so we're using it on this project! The paint dries pretty fast, so I believe they placed a humidifier in the room to help solve that problem.
While I had Dad's camera out, I took a couple other photos.

Joy was sleeping on our living room couch when I got home. Although this is a bit blurry, I think she's cute all cuddled up.

My grandma (Landis) made this star. It makes me think of winter and snow...which we are supposed to get a lot of starting tomorrow.
NOTE: We have changed the settings for comments so that you don't need to have an account in order to comment. Please just sign what you write so we know who you are. We can enjoy your feedback more if we know who you are. Thanks! :-)
3 comments:
add me to the list of those who would take re-claimed geoff sensenig cabinets anytime!!! and joy is so cute regardless of the setting! thanks for letting us see your progress - i loved all the verses you had on your old dresser. and by the way - you've definitely taken after your parents in the serving department! i don't know what i would do without you helping me with CM.
lisa
I'm really excited about your cabinets, Sarah!
Post a Comment