Monday, February 15, 2010

Guess Who?

Our church organized a Guess Who's Coming to Dinner? event this past Saturday evening. My parents found out around 1:00pm on Saturday that they were going to Keith and Christine Lewis' home for dinner. Holly and I hosted a dinner at my house and discovered the identities of our mystery guests as they tried to discreetly dodge our view on their way from their car to our door: Tim and Kim Cranmer!
We all had a wonderful time. I love being able to sit down with people from church who I normally would not get a chance to know. It increases the family relationship of our church and grows my faith in God to see how He has and is working in others' lives. It's also a great way to practice hospitality. I definitely have lots to learn, and I'm thankful that my mom and sisters helped me out during the day. Timing is the most difficult for me, which is no surprise.

Here is a photo from the evening.

3 comments:

Geoff said...

We did have a wonderful time with Keith and Christine but we didN't take a picture like you did. Oh My!
Karla

Sarah said...

Mom, that's because Dad left the camera at home and said I should use it to take a photo. :-)

G-MA said...

Great pictures Sarah! Yes I agree with you in all you said about bring the church family together. We had a great time at Glenn and dale Witmer's with Quay & Shannon Hanna.