
This is a post motivated by curiosity. If you haven’t noticed the little map of the world to the right… it shows from where people are following our blog. Now I understand the large number from around Lancaster and can guess that we may have followers on the west coast because of an E-Team or two some of us have been on. The
Beirut follower is obvious too! But there are a lot of red dots on the map that I just can’t figure out… So I was hoping that all you followers that are incognito (unknown) could post a short comment telling us who you are and what city you are from. That would help my curiosity and would be kind of fun too! Thanks in advance! Geoff
1 comment:
This is from one of your fans ("fans" is a shortening of the word "fanatical") in (actually, near, Lititz, PA). There is some disagreement over the question as to where the name of our town came from (yes, it is now OK to end a sentence with a preposition). Some say it is from the town of Lidice in Moravia (part of the Czech Republic [which used to be sort of Czechoslovakia],) while others, just as erudite claim that it came from the name of a castle named Lititz, in northern Moravia (Moravia being part of...oh, I already told you that--sorry). If it was the former, then my lovely wife and I were in that town in 1991 (Lidice); actually, we were in that town in 1991 regardless of the derivation of the name. You wanted to know a little about us: we have four children, two boys and two girls (boy, girl, girl, boy), and the last child, a boy (I guess you could have figured that [the gender] out by the context), seems to be lacking in the skills of levity--otherwise all our children are quite normal (no, I am not going to define "normal"; just accept things as they are and don't try to think too hard. OK, I hope that gives you a small and tantalizing taste of who we are, etc., If you want to know more details (and I think you will be sorry if you found everything out!), you will have to ask.
My name is Richard Sensenig and my wife's given name is Lois. And the less you know about our children, the better.
Post a Comment