Thursday, February 11, 2010

SNOW FUN!

The Millen girls, Ruth Anne, Melanie and Elisabeth (a.k.a. Dolly) and I (Margaret) went down to Fritz, (my school that is really close to our house) to go sledding. When we got there, the snow was up to our knees. As we got farther down the hill, it began to get higher on us. It was up to about our waists. It was hard to sled in the snow because it was so fluffy and high. So we just made a fort. As we ventured out into the snow, Elisabeth always had to be second to last. If she was first, she would have been swallowed up by the snow. And if she was last, she might have fallen and we might not notice she was gone. It was so fun that we decided that we should play there again later. So yesterday, (2/10/2010) we got the whole gang to go with us. When Joy and I got to the Millen's house, they couldn't find their sleds! We thought they were hidden somewhere under the snow. So we were digging for them for about 20 minutes. Then Ruth Anne found them leaning against the garage. Finally we could go to Fritz. Joy, Vinson, Zachary, Ruth Anne, Melanie, Elisabeth, and I all struggled through the snow. As we walked down to the hill, snow blew into our faces and made it hard to see. I had my glasses on, so the snow stuck to them like magnets and all I could see was the person in front of me. When we finally got there I had snow in my boots and up my pant legs. I personally only sled down the hill three times. The first time I got snow all in me. The other two were better. Vinson and Elisabeth were trying to make a fort most of the time. Zachary made a tunnel, Joy and Ruth Anne talked together for most of the time. Melanie and I sled, talked and I sort of made a fort. After about a hour and a half we all returned home. Later that evening, the Millens joined us for a movie, "Akeelah and the Bee." After we watched that we decided to watch the movie, "Enchanted." We stayed up till 12:00! I fell asleep for some of that movie.

Here are some pictures that the Millens took of us having fun in the snow! Enjoy:



Over the river and through the woods, it's off to Fritz we go!



This is after we got back from a hard work out of walking in knee deep snow.
We were so tired!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Margaret, Thanks for posting this story. I also was asleep when we watched "enchanted". Thanks again!

Ruth Anne